Full Job Description
Who we are and why we need you
The Evergreen Care Trust, a registered charity, has been operating in Stamford, Bourne and surrounding villages since 2005 and more recently extending into the Deepings area. Evergreen enjoys a good reputation as we have sought to promote healthy ageing and provide appropriate practical solutions to the needs of local older and vulnerable adults. Our Team of staff and volunteers have offered a wide range of both free volunteer and paid for services for more than a decade. We consider working together within our organisation and with outside statutory, commercial and third sector agencies vital, we take team and partnership working very seriously.
Our aim is to support people in their own homes with little interventions to help safeguard their independence. We work with our Members, their families and carers to promote independent, and purposeful lives, we aim to avoid creating dependency wherever we can.
The Trust achieved CQC (Care Quality Commission) registration in May 2017 and has since then been involved in establishing regulated services. We are determined to do this to the highest possible standards and to have each Member’s needs central to our care and efforts. Going forward, the Five Key Principles of Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive and Well led will apply to all aspects of our care provision. We aim to apply these same principles to the support and care of our Evergreen personnel also. Highly valued, well trained, well supported and well monitored volunteers and employees best positions us as a provider, to strive for excellence in all we do and deliver quality care and support to those we serve, their families and carers.
We are looking for
· An enthusiastic, motivated and focused Deputy Care Services Manager to oversee our Care Services. Our Care Services include our Home Support and Wellbeing Service.
· A person who is experienced in leading and inspiring others to engage in Care support provision, team working, induction and ongoing training and can bring out the best in those wanting to make a difference through this service with our member group, their family and carers.
· Someone who has a vision for the season, is intentional and energetic about finding solutions to the many challenges local people face, can keep abreast of rapid changes in health and social care, and the impact this has on our local older and vulnerable community.
· Someone who understands person centered care, the whole person approach, and the important part that our Care service, plays in this.
· Someone who has a systematic approach to processes and procedures which relate to our Care Services, integrated working and the application of the 5 Key Principles to not only the care and support of our members, but also the recruitment, retention and ongoing support and training of our Home Support and Well-being Staff.
· A Key individual to drive our Supervisory team to maintain our Care services and ensure our compliance with CQC.
What we need you to do for us
Support the Director and RCM in their role. Lead and serve the team of Care Services Supervisors and manage the practice and professional development of the Home Support and Wellbeing team. Ensure that staff are inducted, attend ongoing training, have regular one to one sessions and an annual Appraisal. Do your part in ensuring the embedding of the 5 Key principles within Evergreen Care Stamford and District.
This job is ideal if you are motivated to
· Be a part of a comprehensive approach to making a real difference to the experience of older and vulnerable local people.
· Build supportive relationships with your team of Care Service Supervisors and employees within the wider team you oversee, manage and support.
· Stay in tune with Health and Social care policy, the local climate and key issues which impact our member group, their families and carers.
· Use your initiative and creativity in planning key strategies and further developing and refining our Care Services in line with the 5 Key principles.
· Take ownership and responsibility for your work, achieving what you set out to do.
· Provide clear communication to and with those you serve and those you work with.
· Build good working professional relationships, communicate well, exercising discretion and diplomacy.
· Commit to personal and professional development and learning, remaining teachable, learning from others and from experience.
Qualifications, experience and skills we need you to have
We would expect you to be a great team player and one whose communication skills shine, with not only the team of Care Services Supervisors and the field workers you support, but your fellow colleagues, other allied professionals, and our member group their families and carers also.
Qualifications and experience which are people service orientated. Experience with team leading, management and or mentoring are ideal.
Knowledge and understanding of the experiences of older and or vulnerable people living in their own homes, health and social care as this relates to the older adult, is helpful.
NVQ3 in Health & Social Care is essential.
You would be expected to complete the Care Certificate and induction programme on commencement of your role.
Working to plan, working as part of an organisational and inter agency team is paramount.
You must have good observational, problem solving, diplomacy and communication skills.
At every opportunity for contact with, empathise and show compassion with Members, their family and carers we serve.
You will also need a clean driving licence and use of a road worthy vehicle, as well as Business Insurance.
How we will reward you
The Trust is committed to provide a competitive salary/rate of pay and good working conditions for all its employees and is a National Living Wage Employer. The part time post is currently 20 hours per week. The rate of pay will be (TBC) and will include rostered On Call weekend cover. All Statutory terms and conditions of employment apply, including 20 days annual leave pro rata and 8 public holidays.
Evergreen will contribute to your pension scheme and we will also encourage your professional development and as and when able, provide you with training relevant to your post.
We seek to provide a supportive, fun and safe environment in which to work and encourage every opportunity for you to develop your own skills and professional goals and maintain personal good health and wellbeing.
Who you will be reporting to and working with
You will report to the Director and RCM and work with the wider office team to promote safe working and care practices.
Please complete the both Applications below and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org